Friday, January 1, 2010

The Stars That Play With Laughing Sam's Dice

Looking up at the stars this New Year's Eve a recurring ponder fell once more into my thoughts of the past, present, and future. While reading an article about art in the NYT (HERE) I wondered why am I here and not, physically, able to be with the stars? The capture of time, in an art sense, is a beautiful accomplishment. It does link us to the past, present, and future by way of image and/or word but that link is not physically transverse able. The Universe is so vast yet I can move only slightly in the quantum so as to make it virtually non-existent to me in all but an imaginative, observational way. (like this)


Soon (relatively speaking) we may be able to move corporeally much farther than now, and so the stars will be attainable, but I wonder if our souls and wisdom will expand enough to make that a desirable thing. I hope so.

For now all I can do is wish all of us a happy and fruitful year!

1 comment:

bob c said...

I let this through because I thought it helpful, OT as it may be. If it helps, good. If it does harm, sorry.