Saturday, October 20, 2007

Technological Singularity, here or not here

Reading some articleshere, I asked myself a question. Is this event in our past or still in our future. Those that remember the movie "Colossus, The Forbin Project" know that this has been an eventuality for some time. While I do not fear the machines per Se, I am highly skeptical of the humans that wish a cyborg-like existence for all of us. There are those that foresee this event as coming somewhere between 2005 and 2030. But since there are entities(commercial, governmental, diabolical etc.)that have been working toward this for many, many years, it may have already happened but we have not been told. What ever the case, I do hope the AI uses itself more like Asimov's guardian of a radioactive Earth and not THE BORG on Star Trek, The Next Generation. BTW, the link above may take a few seconds to work, please be patient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.